Blog Post #5

 Date and Time: Sunday, November 13

Length of day: 9 hours 50 minutes. 

Temperature: Weather channel says 34 degrees. 

Climate conditions: East wind at about 4 miles an hour, no precipitation, cloudy, 71% humidity.

Notes: This field study has been by far the coldest, I waited for it to stop snowing to do mine as the snow was wet and heavy while it fell, after the snow I watched two Blue Jays flying around, they didn't seem to have anything to do other than bother each other, they were both very colorful and had bright blues and whites all over. Thought about drawing one of them but they were a ways away and constantly flying around. This didn't happen during my field study this time but earlier in the week I saw a monstrous buck run through the clearing, I'm betting it was chasing the trail of some does that went through there the afternoon before, It was a solid 10 point and was really awesome. He turned around and ran when he saw me. 

Changes noted since last study: The biggest change i've noticed would obviously be the snow and the freezing cold weather compared to three days before which was over 70 degrees. Also there are no leaves left on the deciduous trees, ferns are still dead but not decomposing real fast. 

Something I wondered: How do this years climate conditions compare to previous years? 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #6

Bio Field study #3